**How can you care?** 'Because I choose to.' **You make it sound so simple.** 'That's because it is simple. Hard sometimes, but simple.'

Monday, July 19, 2004

Adventures on home security...

I get a bill from ADT for a service call last week. "Hell no, I already paid for this, I'm not paying twice!" says I. So I call them. Beep through their phone system until I get a person on the line. "Ignore the charge, the technician must not have filed it yet." says she.

Then I ask, "So when does my contract expire?"

"Let me check... July 18th, 2004."

(looks at the calender) "You mean yesterday?"

"Yes, July 18th."

"So I'm not under contract now?"

"No, now you're month to month."

"So when were you planning on telling me?"

After some hemming and hawing, she finally says, "We don't tell you when you go month to month."

o_O

Needless to say, tomorrow I will be talking to my boss about the local folks he and his wife use at their home.

No comments: