**How can you care?** 'Because I choose to.' **You make it sound so simple.** 'That's because it is simple. Hard sometimes, but simple.'

Saturday, February 11, 2006

(drunken ramblings, ahoy!)

DJ scratch battle Completely not dial-up friendly.

OK. Why the above is so down for me. In 1987, my family moved from Atlanta, GA, where Mom worked for the IRS, to Columbia, SC, where Mom went to the Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary and Dad made $8 an hour as a piano tuner. So yeah, we were poor as hell, and yeah, I know what it's like to be poor, to the point where the local Lutheran church left groceries on our porch from time to time.

Anyways, I went to Heyward Gibbes Middle School, and I was the only white girl in my class during 7th and 8th grade, aka from 12 to 13 1/2 years old. Pretty formative, important years, no? I absorbed the music, the early hip-hop, the soul, and the DJ music. To this day, if you want me to mark out and lose it completely, you play shit like in the link above.

No comments: