**How can you care?** 'Because I choose to.' **You make it sound so simple.** 'That's because it is simple. Hard sometimes, but simple.'

Friday, April 15, 2005

So I finally go get to have a talk with the new VP of us. I discuss my medical situation, about how I had my large intestine removed and how I can't lift more than 20 pounds.

Him: "You're really handicapped!"

Me: *boggle*

Excuse me? Handicapped? Um, no. My friend Dave's wife Christina is handicapped. Inconvenienced occasionally, yeah, but that's it.

So, to numb my disbelieving rage, I am about to crack open a new bottle of Jack Daniels. I think decisions are going to be made in the not too distant future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We prefer the term "disabled"...
;-)

Seriously, the addle-minded members of American society never cease to amaze me. Because you've had a medical procedure - you're "handicapped". Because you have ADHD, you're "handicapped". Because you have a freakin' head cold, you're "handicapped"!

But there is an advantage to the stupidity of people... Get a doctor's OK (shouldn't be too hard), and you too can park in front of any building you want!

(By the way, I never use Chris' parking tag unless she's in the car with me. Believe it or not, I have been yelled at by morons wondering why I'm taking up a "regular" spot when I have a disabled hang-tag. Humanoids...)

- Dave
Moving all of us to a deserted island the MINUTE I win de Powerball...