So I get Advent Children on my lunch break, and I am very good and don't even touch it while I'm at work. I bring it home, and figure I'd better watch the English dub once, so I can be knowledgable in my bitching about it. ;-)
- No translation of the opening Japanese in the English version???
- Wow, they expanded Marlene's opening speech significantly. It would probably help those who have never played FF VII a little.
- Um, OK, we have stoner Yazoo...
- BOO, dead giveaway on who the wheelchair man is in Kadaj's phone conversation
- LMAO at Barnett's voice
- They nailed Reno and Rude, though, I'll give them that much
- Rufus's voice is... odd, with weird hesitations
- "Cloud, you're an ex-Soldier, aren't you?" "...In my head..." *thunk* Well FUCK, they nailed that dead on.
- Tifa sounds like she's talking around a swollen tongue
- Kadaj's voice is going to take getting used to
- There are some new shots in this version... Cloud walking through the church was completely new
- "Dilly-dall shilly-shally..." What. The. FUCK????? That has to be the shittiest translation ever.
- Yazoo's constantly giggling during fights is not helping his stoner image
- Vincent's voice is good
- "You don't have a phone?" LOL at Marlene
- Yuffie almost sounds like Rikku, although if it's the same girl from KH2 they were two seperate people
- Loz did not just say, "You meanie!" *facepalm*
- GAAAAHHH, FUCKING CID IS FUCKING NOT FROM FUCKING TEXAS!!!!!
- "Where can I buy a phone?" *falls out of her chair* Damn, Vincent can be funny
- Cait Sith with a strong Scottish voice is weird, but sorta appropriate
- Um, Cait Sith just told Yuffie to shut up. Twice. And he wasn't torn to shreds by Red or Yuffie. This is... incredible wrong.
- "Good to see you again..." Oh hell yeah, Superman as Sephiroth works for me, let the ass-kicking commence!
- By the end Kadaj's voice actor had gotten the hang of the character and it worked better.
- Aerith was still as cringe-inducing as she was in KH2, but she talked less here
Well, not a bad dub, but not the best, either. I'll watch the sub this evening to see how many differences in dialoge I can spot.