**How can you care?** 'Because I choose to.' **You make it sound so simple.** 'That's because it is simple. Hard sometimes, but simple.'

Friday, May 11, 2007

No way to put this but bluntly:

I'm having surgery Friday the 18th to have my guts rearranged again. I had another abscess start Sunday, and have been on 2 antibiotics since Monday, and just had it drained an hour ago. The surgeon absolutely did not like what he saw in there, and said that if we waited, I ran the risk of it getting infected over and over, leading to the huge chances of dead tissue and lots of other bad things.

So, he'll go in Friday morning, take out the existing collar and valve, and make a new stoma on the left side for a standard Brooke's ileostomy. So, no more tight, low-slung clothing. Sorry, guys. ;-)

I'm with my parents right now, and will be out of work for another 3 weeks or so. I'm going to ask my folks to move the kittens here, into Dad's office, so I can keep socializing them. My guys will be OK, although I'll still go over there as often as possible.

I'll let ya'll know more when I have it.

4 comments:

NullePartRapidement said...

I hope the op goes well!

Anonymous said...

Get well soon...

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I hope the surgery went well and you're recovering nicely.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and heart.

*Hugs*

Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Jessie. (Rinoa_Heaven on 1up.com) I hope everything goes well for you. I'll pray for you.