**How can you care?** 'Because I choose to.' **You make it sound so simple.** 'That's because it is simple. Hard sometimes, but simple.'

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

More music, this time with occasional commentary! Yes, I'm trying to dropkick my inner writer into action, why do you ask? ;-)

12:53pm

1) The Forbidden Pool - Howard Shore
~~~Howard Shore so kicks John Williams' butt... Shore had to write 3 scores in 3 years, and made them all sound different. Williams has written a zillion scores in 30 years, and they basically all sound the same.
2) La Serenissima - Loreena McKennitt
3) He's A Pirate - Klaus Badelt
~~~From "Pirates of the Caribbean", such a fun little soundtrack. If this shows up in that Kingdom Hearts game, I'm in big trouble...
4) Middle of Nowhere - The Blank Theory
5) Back to the Rivers of Belief - Enigma
4) You're Not Alone! - Nobuo Uematsu
~~~From the incredibly fun Final Fantasy IX
5) Blackbeat - Apollo 440
6) More Human Than Human - White Zombie
~~~Under the headphones, this is just not as good as I remember. Maybe have to try to find a better rip, or just get rid of it. It doesn't have the crunch I always think of Rob as bringing to the party.
7) Dirt - Depeche Mode
~~~Fun little ditty from these guys... I used this in the soundtrack to the FF VII fanfic I wrote last year, because it seemed to summon up both Jenova and my characters changes perfectly.
8) Good Girls Go to Heaven (Bad Girls Go Everywhere) - Meatloaf

1:55

1) Praying for Time - George Michael
~~~"Listen Without Prejudice volume 1" was an incredible album that still holds up 15 years later.
2) Superbeast (Girl on a Motorcycle mix) - Rob Zombie
~~~See, this is what I'm looking for in Rob. Lots of crunch and bass.
3) Book of Days - Enya
4) Changing States - Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
5) Learning to Fly - Pink Floyd
~~~Way back in 1998, in between surgery and going back to college, I worked in the HR office for the US Postal Service during the Christmas season hiring insanity. Basically just did a lot of data entry and faxing of forms to SLED. "Momentary Lapse of Reason" spent a lot of time in my CD player, and by the end of the job I had written a "Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors" (oh, go Google it) series in my head. Unfortunately, it's never hardly left my head, and too much of it is lost. *sigh*
6) Warm Winter - Kid Rock
7) A Knife in the Dark - Howard Shore
8) Last Battle - Yasunori Mitsuda
~~~Here's a case of "I hate the game but I love the music." Shion is the most whiney, selfish, screechy bitch I have ever had the misfortune of controlling. I swear I will not pick up another one in this series until she is gone.
9) Long Time Gone - Dixie Chicks
~~~hehehehehehe... yeah, a little bit of that in here. ;-)
10) Come To My Window - Melissa Etheridge
11) Love Rears Its Ugly Head - Living Colour
12) Wishing It Was - Santana featuring Eagle-Eye Cherry

No comments: