**How can you care?** 'Because I choose to.' **You make it sound so simple.** 'That's because it is simple. Hard sometimes, but simple.'

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Some people you just have to thank in person. So today, when I passed by the Urgent Care on my way to the post office, I thought, "I need to go tell Dr. Wingo he saved my life."

So I did. I went in, asked for him, went back to the nurse's station, and shook his hand. He was surprised to hear I ended up with a pacemaker. We chatted for a minute, then he had to get back to his work. I also talked to the nurse who put the IV line in my arm, which lasted for way longer than it had any right to.

Good works deserve rewards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I thanked my ob-gyn for saving my life as well. If she hadn't, in her own words, been overly cautious and sent me on to the oncologist, my cancer would have spread a lot farther before we started treatment. She tried to downplay her role in it but I honestly believe she's the reason I'm still here.

Jeannie