**How can you care?** 'Because I choose to.' **You make it sound so simple.** 'That's because it is simple. Hard sometimes, but simple.'

Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Adventures at work...

Lawyer calls from home, can't get into our Citrix system. Normally she uses RoadRunner, but it's down, so she's trying to get an ancient laptop to dial in to the server. The modem is there, there is a phone line into it, but when she double-clicks to run Citrix, nothing happens.

I email the hardware guy to have him walk her through some diagnostic stuff, since hardware problems are technically not my problem. He emails me back: Oh, the Citrix server was down this morning, have her dial in again.

Um, hello? Can you be any more obvious that you didn't bother to read the email I sent you?

I send him one back: "When she double-clicks on them, nothing happens. No dialog box, no phone line noise, no attempts to dial, nothing."

NOW he reads the email. "I'll try her." Well, good, thank you for taking time out of your obsessive Bible studying to do some work.

Geez...

No comments: