**How can you care?** 'Because I choose to.' **You make it sound so simple.** 'That's because it is simple. Hard sometimes, but simple.'

Monday, April 12, 2004

If Dawn and I were a tag team, I think this would be our entrance music. If we weren't using something from FF X. Like "Otherworld". Or Seymour's psycho fight music. Or some of the hauntingly painful piano music that lets you know all along this isn't a happy ending.

"Can't Not", by Alanis Morissette
I'd be lying if I said I was completely unscathed
I might be proving you right with my silence or my retaliation
Would I be letting you win in my non reaction?

How would I explain?
How would I explain this to my children if I had them?

Because I can't not
Because I can't not
Because I can't afford to be misread one more time...

No comments: