**How can you care?** 'Because I choose to.' **You make it sound so simple.** 'That's because it is simple. Hard sometimes, but simple.'

Saturday, August 20, 2005

I'm about to flee my house.

Sometime this past week (Tuesday or Wednesday night, I can't remember) we had a really powerful thunderstorm. It looked like a hurricane out there. I heard limbs bounce off the roof, but nothing bad, so I went back to bed.

In the morning, I saw that one of my neighbor's pine trees had snapped about 20 feet up in the air and was leaning on my maple tree. My house is in no danger - the worst that can happen if it falls now is take out the fence that divides my yard from his. I left my business card with my cell phone number on it and a note saying that when he called the tree people to let me know if they needed to get into my yard.

He calls me later that day, saying he's going to get a chainsaw and some friends to take it down.

His parents and his friend are here, and they're trying to take the godsdamned thing down with an underpowered GMC truck, some rope, and a chainsaw. I've called Dad over here, and I'm leaving. I can not watch these idiots kill themselves and/or take out my fence. I wouldn't mind packing up my cats, but I don't have a place to take them or money to board them for the day. :-p

*fleeing in terror*

No comments: