**How can you care?** 'Because I choose to.' **You make it sound so simple.** 'That's because it is simple. Hard sometimes, but simple.'

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

OK.

If this is disjointed, I'm sorry. It's late for me, and I took a Vicodin earlier.

According to Dr. Albert, after doing a contrast and fluroscope twice, and bloodwork, he has no idea what's causing my pain. There is no fistula, no abcess, no sign of any bowl loop out of place, my blood counts are all normal. Nothing comes up. He's frustrated and stumped, because he knows I'm in pain and knows it's around my pouch.

He's suggesting getting a foley catheter to use for the next few days, since it's very soft and flexible, and to keep him up to date every couple days, and to page him instantaneously if anything changes at all.

So I pop online, and there's a AIM from the daughter of a co-worker who got a BCIR after talking to me. Dr. James Pollack, my original surgeon, who was a doctor in Vietnam, died yesterday suddenly and unexpectedly. I've found no other details.

So... yeah. Now I need to get to sleep so I can go to work in the morning. Yeah.

No comments: