**How can you care?** 'Because I choose to.' **You make it sound so simple.** 'That's because it is simple. Hard sometimes, but simple.'

Thursday, December 15, 2005

I'm getting started on my New Year's resolution a little early... I'm deleting music from my hard drive.

Now, that doesn't sound like much, but my resolution is to get rid of things I don't want. I have a problem sometimes getting rid of stuff, especially if I think I got it to make my parents happy. I have clothes I've never worn, because they look like what Mom wore when she worked for the IRS. I need to bag those and give them to the Salvation Army.

It all stems from being convinced while growing up that I had to be the perfect, best, sacrificing one, to the point where I kept silent about the sexual abuse I suffered through. I'm 30 now, I need to let go of some things. So, my plan is to go around the house and touch everything. If I can't come up with a good reason for why I have it and why I should keep it, it's going out.

Who knows, by the time I'm ready to get a new house in a few years (don't need this huge yard), I may only need two bedrooms...

No comments: