OK, got a hold of the surgeon on his personal cell phone. Poor guy has a cold. He called the hospital, but they're on a skeleton crew and the x-ray technician lady (I know who he's talking about, she's incredible) is not in. Since I'm not in pain until I mess with the lump, he's keeping me on antibiotics in the hope that this will calm down. I am to call him immediately if anything changed, and to call Wednesday regardless. He wants to avoid surgery if possible. I want to try to hold stuff off until the first of the year, since my leave will reset (80 hours sick, 88 hours personal).
We'll see what happens.