**How can you care?** 'Because I choose to.' **You make it sound so simple.** 'That's because it is simple. Hard sometimes, but simple.'

Friday, February 27, 2004

I'm at work. Might as well get paid.

The Free Times is a wacky little indy news 'zine that I pick up most every week. Sometimes they take themselves too seriously, but you can always find honest reviews of shows, movies, books, and music. They also have great horoscopes. Here's mine for the week:

"Lent is the period between Ash Wdnesady and Easter when devout Christians commemorate the 40 days that Christ allegedly spent resisting the devil's temptations in the wilderness [typist's note: that's not how I heard it, but whatever works for you]. Growing up Episcopalian, I was tought to imitate Jesus every year at this time by giving up something I had a strong attachment to [we Lutheran's did this, too]. My usual choice was candy. It so happens, Virgo, that even if you're not Christian, the coming weeks will be an excellent time for you to renounce three experiences that you have become a bit addicted to. Those experience are berating yourself, denying yourself pleasure, and giving till it hurts. I urge you to give them all up between now and April 10."

That sounds like a damn good idea.

No comments: