**How can you care?** 'Because I choose to.' **You make it sound so simple.** 'That's because it is simple. Hard sometimes, but simple.'

Friday, August 22, 2003

It's always kinda funny/sad/interesting to listen to the other women at work talk to each other. I have so little in common with them that I'm not usually included in these dicussions. They talk about husbands, either the ones they're divorcing, or the ones they're staying with despite numerous infidelities because they found themselves pregnant, or the one they've been married to forever that they just despise. They talk about children, the rebel ones and the good ones, and pregnancy woes, and how men are pigs, and clothes, and jewelry.

I can't talk about husbands or even boyfriends. I will never give birth to children. I don't have money for expensive clothes or jewelry. Some men are pigs, yes, but I've been Goddess-blessed to know many more who weren't.

I can talk about computers, and pro-wrestling, and computer games, and needlework, and ulcerative colitis, and how hospitals suck, and how I don't listen to the radio anymore, and how I love to drive, and my cats who are my children.

I don't think they'd listen. Or understand.

No comments: