**How can you care?** 'Because I choose to.' **You make it sound so simple.** 'That's because it is simple. Hard sometimes, but simple.'

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

OK, a bit about myself, now that I have figured out I can keep getting here...

I'm an almost 28-year-old woman, single, permanently single, and did I mention I'm single and not looking?

I do look. I want to lay my head against the chest of one man in particular, to feel his skin and hear his heart beat in my ear. It's what inevitably comes after that I do not want, cannot want, seem to be wired to not want. I guess 8+ years of sexual abuse will do that to you.

So I live alone, me and my four cats, in a house I bought three years ago.

I dream of what I've never felt. And wonder if I'll ever find someone similar.

No comments: