**How can you care?** 'Because I choose to.' **You make it sound so simple.** 'That's because it is simple. Hard sometimes, but simple.'

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Sorry I didn't type more while I was in the hospital, but it's hard to do so when you have an IV needles stuck in the back of your hand.

I'm doing OK. I'm in some pain, but not a lot of pain, and it's getting easier to move each time I try. I have staples from my belly button on down, stitches around my stoma, some scratches and abrasions on my abdomen, a hellacious bruise on my right arm from a heparin shot, and a smaller bruise on the inside of my right elbow from a blood draw. My stomach muscles are weak (coughing is a joke), and my back muscles are tight from holding myself funny.

But the fistula is gone. Removed. Not coming back. And there's no sign of inflammation anywhere else, so it wasn't Crohn's. I'll pay this price gladly.

No comments: